Life drawing Living room
Wednesday 21 July 2021, 7pm to 9pm,
Wednesday 28 July 2021, 7pm to 9pm,
Wednesday 4 August 2021, 7pm to 9pm.
In-person and online via Zoom.
Payment by donation – suggested £5 for students or unwaged, £10 otherwise.
Join me in my living room in Brockley, London for an evening of life drawing and chat. I’ll strike the first pose on 21 July, and tell you a story or few. Perhaps you’ll want to be drawn too, share a memory, or quietly sit and make marks.
After a long break throughout the pandemic, having made only a small number of online events, I am very excited to be returning to some real life action with Spirited Bodies! A small number of artists will be able to join me in living room, whilst others around the world will be able to watch, listen and draw online via Zoom.
For those interested in attending in-person:
- drawing materials and refreshments will be available, or bring your own
- unfortunately my place is not wheelchair accessible, being upstairs in an old house
- the session is open to all, from teenagers up
- booking is required as places are limited places
- if you feel unwell, please do not come
- to book, email firstname.lastname@example.org – this is essential
- pay your donation via my PayPal account at paypal.me/EstherBunting
- if you are unable to pay via PayPal, please let me know
For those interested in attending online:
- you can either email me at email@example.com and pay what you can afford via my PayPal account at paypal.me/EstherBunting, or you can buy a ticket through EventBrite where the price is set automatically at £5
- I will send out the Zoom link just a few days before each session
After I’ve been your model for the first session, I will look forward to having different professional models in each week. We’re starting with 3 sessions but hope to add more. There will be an element of multi-model poses from time to time, with some people who draw, and who are in my living room with me, enjoying the chance to be drawn as well. The invitation to try life modelling is for those aged 18 or over, otherwise parental consent is suggested, or modelling clothed.
Conversations during the sessions will be wide ranging. They may include:
- our relationships with our bodies and minds, and how that has changed over time
- how our lives and priorities have altered in the last year
- isolation and connection with the natural world
- fears and ambitions for the future
- memories and insights
Let me know if you have any questions. I hope to see you soon!
The drawing below, by Sarah Davis, is from a recent event for the Barber Institute online, where I posed with fellow model Peter in his studio.